Tuesday 6 September 2011

National Windsurfing Festival 2011

The weekend last was NWF 2011 with promise of a sick party and great wind it was looking like it was gonna be an awesome week end.  I always look forward to NWF as its one of the most fun events of the year and a great place to meet up with all the windsurfing faces and this year didn’t disappoint.  It was really fun doing the master blaster races and checking out the new kit the brands had to offer, I also qualified for the night windsurf tow-in freestyle competition.

This competition was one of the coolest things I have ever done, being towed at 25mph in the dark then throwing our biggest moves into waist deep water in front of a cheering crowd was sick!  I was really happy to come 3rd overall!
On Sunday there was 18-20 knots perfect for a fully stoked freestyle comp in which I was pleased to land some of my high scoring moves like shakas and it was good to see the freestyle gaining such popularity!